Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Ode to Chuck E. Cheese



As I stand doing my job,
My job of the checking of kids
At the cheese belonging to a rat named Chuck
Associated with invisible ink stamps and headaches,
I watch Jumbo Safari, TM.

GO!
ROPE THAT RHINOCEROS!
STOP THAT STAG!
INCAPACITATE THAT IGUANA!

Oh you thirty year old man who does not act his age,
Please stop abusing the basketball game.
Oh! So close for that "100" ski-ball obsessed kid.
Keep trying-- after all, it's just one token!
And how the line grows for the Star Wars Arcade game.
This is what happens when you build a multi-billion dollar franchise.
Thanks, George Lucas, Thanks.
THREE birthday parties at one time? This is what I imagine Hell looks like.
See all the people flock to the showroom?
Making final preparations for the best birthday bash, EVER?

The Kids Bop version of Kelly Clarkson's "Since you've been gone" plays loudly through the speakers for yet another time.
YES. Saved by the Birthday song.
I wonder what this place's electricity bill is....

God, how those sky tubes call to me.
One day, I'm going in....ON SHIFT.

Just another day at Chuck E. Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment