Friday, January 16, 2009

I Will Always Love You


I have decided to call my column "I Will Always Love You" after one of the greatest pop songs of the nineties. This column, as indicated, will cover the best forgotten songs of the nineties that was all subconsciously know the lyrics to and singers of.

Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" reached #1 on the charts in over sixteen countries after its release in 1992 and has by current count gone four times platinum. The song was originally recorded in the 1970s by Dolly Parton, but at that time did not achieve nearly as much success.

I would highly suggest watching the video due to its extreme representation of the nineties. What more can one ask for than womens' suits with shoulderpads and interracial dancing?

Unfortunately, Whitney Houston went down the tubes after this, resorting to crack instead of singing these beautiful wonders that I still take pride in belting out in the shower or in my room where Eric is held captive... by the sounds of the nineties. Whitney Houston, why did you need to resort to crack? After this hit she was unable to produce anything much better and has since vanished from our minds. Whitney, don't you know that crack is whack?


Exactly this time ten years ago in 1999 if you turned on the radio you would have heard the box office hits of the week, which were:


Until next time, just remember that the best things were born in the nineties.

No comments:

Post a Comment