Thursday, January 15, 2009

AU Book Store Now Hiring



Common Sense Not Needed



Back in my day, bookstores were run by people who cared. Now it seems that people at bookstores just don't care about their jobs enough to, oh I don't know, actually do them. This is even more upsetting since my day was only just a few years ago (I lied on my profile page and made myself 2 years older).


Aproximately 7 days ago, on the evening of January 9, 2009, I sat myself in front of the computer and ordered my books off of the AU bookstore. My reasoning was I would most likely be able to collect my books now and get them when I get to school rather than waiting for classes to start. Unfortunately, I was unaware that the people at the bookstore aren't sure of what a book order actually is so from now on, I will refer to it as a "shit order", because all I received was shit.


So today, I (or rather, Jeff) wrote a pretty nasty e-mail regarding my "shit order" asking "where's my shit" and "make it happen." How they responded was not with books, but rather the complete opposite: a list telling me the books are back ordered.


I didn't buy this shit for a second. As I'm feeling a little lazy right now, I think I'll let the email I sent them tell the rest of the story...



After recieving your e-mail and saw that 5 of my books were suddenly back ordered, I decided to go ahead and do your job for you. I walked down to the bookstore (this took around 2 minutes, I walk slow) and entered to the sound of the Bee Gees playing. I can't recall the song now, but trust me, it was definately them. Even while I was enjoying the sweet sounds of the Bee Gees, I was still able to locate 4 of the books that were "back ordered." This process took a whole 5 to 7 minutes. Walking up the steps towards the register, I bumped into some good friends of mine, so naturally, we conversed for a good 4 to 5 minutes. I then excused myself and purchased the books that were supposedly back ordered.Now, by applying basic math skills, we can see that it took me 14 mintues to recieve my books (at most). So you see, I no longer have any need for this order that, so far, has taken you at least a week with no end in sight. So thank you anyways.

Sincerely,



Marcopher


P.S. If you ever need helping collecting books for an order, call me up.

1 comment:

  1. Marco have you ever thought of a career in managing a college bookstore, this story makes me think you would be great at it. Maybe you could become the Walmart of college bookstores. Crushing the smaller more home grown bookstores as they struggle to survive. They beg and plead for you to leave their business alone, but your ability to rapidly collect books crushes them.

    Marco I think you have a future ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete