Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interspersed Aspect Ratio: Dreams of Terror

Dream Sequence
Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 3:37a.m.
So, tonight I had a dream that was very similar to a dream that I had late in the fall semester of 2008 here at American University. The dream’s location was an eerie dream version of Washington, D.C. The odd quality about this Dream DC, per say, was that it was never daytime at any point. In Dream DC I live in a building, at least on the interior that is similar to Hughes Hall here at American University. The interestingly enough, no schoolwork is attached to living in this local. Also AU itself is never the subject of existence. I do live with at the very least Antonio Forte, Daniella Napolitano, Eric Till and Max O’Hern. Other minor characters appear throughout Dream DC that don’t really match up well. In this installment of the dream I, in a first person perspective somehow leave Dream Hughes and have access to the exterior catwalks and roofs to escape something of a bad nature. Before leaving Hughes I was previously in a bathroom, similar to the bathrooms here where I encountered Eric. I was also in Mike’s room, Billy’s roommate where who I believe Daniella, Max and perhaps someone else where just there.
Then I was elsewhere looking at art in a gallery with perhaps someone that was near in character to someone that I cannot quite remember as distinction was indiscernible at this point but I was very sad at that point in time, I was apparently visibly upset by something as someone in the gallery asked me why I was crying.
After the gallery scene, things shifted to another local, outside, near an intersection with two bus stops and a swing set. Daniella, Max and myself were there looking at the other bus stop. Mind yourself, I was on top of our bus stop and Daniella and Max were hanging off the sides. We watched as two smokers went to the other bus stop near us. We were then at the swing set where Max proceeded to hang from it via his lumberjack hat and swung joyfully about. Laughing followed but then we all wished that we would live in the grand building across the street from the bus stops. At this point I seem to remember the song “Movin’ on Up.” After this event I feel as if we were on a bus or getting on the bus that I needed to be at the train station to go home at around 4:30 in the morning and it was already like 3:00 in the dream. Eerily enough, Dream DC almost match real DC time wise.
After this event I found out that CVS was potentially going to be absorbed by some bigger company that made me feel that it had no business in buying the pharmacy chain. The mystery chain was going to rebrand CVS to WWVW, I believe. And as I recall this company, WWVW had a yellow and blue sign with blue arms supporting blue lowercase “wwvw” on a yellow background. That is where the dream just about ended. I think I can explain most of it away but I woke up and thought it needed to be recorded.
After a quick Google search, the initials “WWVW” yielded a company named Washington Wilbert Vault Works, Inc. which is a funerary service company in Laurel, MD. Such a business would have no business buying CVS. Though the idea of the logo is interesting, the blue hands were in fact the only things there supporting the WWVW . Why interesting, the thing that drive the real WWVW Company is dead people while the logo of Dream WWVW shows blue, or potentially dead, hands holding up the name WWVW. When but on a yellow background the symbolisms of the yellow could easily be the sun and life, and such that CVS is a pharmacy, a repository of health and goods, yellow seems like a fitting counter color to the death blue of WWVW zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment