Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Curious Epicurean


So my column is devoted to the strange and obscene happenings involving food on this campus.  This includes anything that happens in the Terrace Dining Room, more commonly known as TDR, the Tavern, that smelly curry place etc etc.  Oh also the McDonalds on campus because the craziest shit happens there, I'm pretty sure it's because all the people working there are on crack, no offense.  I might also extend my comments to restaurants and other similar establishments in the DC area. I might elaborate on the quality or quantity of the food and or the persons involved in the consuming of the food.

So to start off I would like to share a story about the one of the only times that I have gone to the McDonalds on campus.  First was when I tried to get some breakfast.  I believe it was almost eleven o'clock, I bit late for breakfast I will admit but nonetheless it still wasn't lunch.  So I ordered a bagel, egg and cheese.  The woman at the register looked at me strangely and said, "Well we only have one..."  She then continued to just stare at me until I said,"Well can I have it?"  Still she kept staring and then said, "Well yeah."  Maybe she was saving that sandwich for someone I'm not sure, but in the end I was the one with the sandwich.  

Another time I went later at night, to get some ice cream.  My friend and I were the only ones there and the man at the cash register was acting more than strange.  First when we ordered he gave us the craziest grins, he is the one with the random braids all over his head making him look all the more insane.  He then while making our McFlurries shouted, "I just cut myself with  a key!" He then started laughing.  We then ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment