Saturday, February 21, 2009

Is Your Trendy Millenial Alternative Music Simply Repackaged 90s Alternative Music?: A Chilling Expose

Mmkay I was gonna drop some wordy bullshit exposition on you setting this up, but I respect you so NAHHHH.

Here is my thesis:

New-ish band Silversun Pickups is really just Smashing Pumpkins in disguise.
Smashing Pumpkins and Silversun Pickups are the same band.

Here is my proof:
Silversun Pickups
















Smashing Pum-- WAIT. THIS is Silversun Pickups, that one up there? Smashing Pumpkins. I got confused because THEY'RE THE SAME BAND!







Observe:
Smashing Pumpkins. Four members. Three men, one woman. Lead singer? Male with feminine voice. Token Asian guy. That chick? Hot bassist.

Silversun Pickups. Four members. Three men, one woman. Lead singer? Male with feminine voice. A token Asian guy. That chick? Hot bassist.

Smashing Pumpkins. Silversun Pickups. SAME INITIALS! SAME BAND!

Consider yourmind FUCKING BLOWN!

Why should you care?

You shouldn't. This is absolutely irrelevant, and was written simply to get my editor off my ass. What a fucking jibbler.

OR PERHAPS this is some conspiracy by the record companies to control the masses by tricking them into supporting a band they supported 15 years earlier. What a fucking mindfuck. People should take to the streets and riot. I'm sure they will after they read my article.

3 comments:

  1. Coke and Pepsi are owned by the same company, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the things you've mentioned are subjective, such as the bass players being hot or that guy being Asian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa Auf Der Mar may not be hot but 1/4 of the people depicted in this post are most definitely Asian

    ReplyDelete