Monday, February 23, 2009

The Curious Epicurean

For the first time in my entire life I ate at Chik-Fil-A. Being from the North, where Chik-Fil-A doesn't exist I pronounced it Chik-Fila(fill-uh) to which I was severely reprimanded. I have to say the first experience was very satisfying. The lemonade was very good, the fries as well, and the sandwich even though it had pickles on it.

However the second time, was not so enjoyable. I will have to admit, I really only visited again because of the lemonade, you just can't really get good lemonade where I'm from. So instead of a sandwich I decided that I would get some nuggets. This, as will you will see, was a bad idea. Upon arriving I noticed that there were no nuggets, but I decided to wait for them anyway. The other person waiting with me was a rather large kid who already had a 12 piece but was waiting for another. Seriously, 24 nuggets, holy shit! There is a reason that they come in denominations of 12 and 8, because that's how many you are suppose to eat. Plus it's lunch, you really aren't supposed to eat that much anyway. And, as if I could complain more, I was waiting for chicken nuggets, only one and he was standing there holding one. He had to wait for another one, so why not just give me the one he had, I guess he is just a greedy little bitch.

So we continue to wait, as my hunger pangs become more and more frequent. The two guys behind the counter look at the slowly gathering mob with fear. They obviously cannot cook the food and only were able to refill the fry baskets, which we didn't need and check if the drink machines are working. So as we start getting angrier, suddenly a bunch of people, obviously the cooks come from some secret door and start to cook. Where did they come from you ask, lunch break. Lunch break? I cannot believe that it would cross someone's mind that if you work at a fast food restaurant that it would be a good idea to take a lunch break at lunch.

Instead of an extremely fast food experience, I had a painstakingly slow one. I should have waited in the line at the Tavern, the ultimate time suck for on campus dining, it would have been quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment