Friday, February 20, 2009

Curious Epicurean

I realize that I haven't written a post in awhile, sorry Max, I have been quite busy. However I realize that this is no excuse and I apologize deeply. So now on to the post.

Everyone complains about the dining here at American. I have been pretty happy with it, yes the food is a bit sub par but overall I have enjoyed my dining experiences here. That is until now.

The other day I was excited to find out that TDR was going to serve corn dogs as part of a carnival night theme. I am extremely in love with corn dogs. Some people might think that corn dogs are an abortion of food, based on the reactions I got when I mentioned they were going to be at TDR, but they are my guilty pleasure. When I was younger my parents forced me to eat "healthy" and corn dogs did not fall into that category. So whenever I got to eat one I was very excited and thus my love for corn dogs.

I spent the whole day in anticipation of the corn dogs I would consume later that night. I'm pretty sure I ran or walked very briskly to TDR when it was dinner time. When I got there I had trouble locating the promised corn dogs, the reason why was because there were no corn dogs at all. TDR had lied to me but more importantly it had broken my dreams. I even asked a TDR employee if there were any corn dogs and just looked at me like I was stupid. So in retaliation and to prove that I was not making up the part about corn dogs I stole a sign that included those vicious lies.

The "Sassy Chef", the chef that writes back on all the comment cards tried to apologize for this massacre of my feelings but it wasn't enough and it will never be enough.

I will continue to dine at TDR, mainly because I have to. But the dining experience will be bittersweet. I will never think of you the same way TDR, you have broken my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. You are most definitely the Daniel Baldwin to my Alec Baldwin.

    ReplyDelete